Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
aelzayn

Fans not working

Hi guys,

I noticed my two side fans weren't working during prints even though their speed was set to 100%. In addition, I opened up the bottom and noticed that there was a wire that wasn't plugged in to anything, but I cannot find where it goes as it doesn't fit in the only two open spots. Please help.

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=ecd19b341b&view=fimg&th=1467f76aa14d4938&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=f_hw7fwqsu0&safe=1&attbid=ANGjdJ9fTP_yP61mFGlWbpXBm-JJhNghmygbrKstaAeqEk-fY5b61oN4qdpqnq-Egygc3jLx2yik0FhIy-Enj4iFPgkwPpGtiA2pefPTNqXtp4SOwS-nLjQDyicYBcM&ats=1402297824179&rm=1467f76aa14d4938&zw&sz=w2560-h1136

i attached a picture.

The wire on the bottom probably isn't supposed to be connected to anything. Check that the 'fan pwm' connector is attached (it's near the side of the printer).

Secondly, the fan on the back of the print head should run all the time. Does it?

Finally, pull back the sheathing around the cables above the printhead, and check the connections there. There should be three red-black pairs; one is slightly longer and goes to the fan on the back. Two others go to the yellow/green wires - those are the side fans. Check that they are all plugged in, and the wires are properly attached.