What has changed in my setup?

Posted · What has changed in my setup?

When I first started using the UM2 what ever length of time it said in Cura was pretty much how long the item took to print.

However since printing the Terminator skull & including the skull the print times are way, way over on time. The only thing I can find is that on the UM2 display the print speed seems to be preset to 30%. I'm assuming that it should be preset to 100% ?

Am I on the right track or has some settings in Cura got changed as well?

Cura bases its time estimates on the speeds that you set when you slice the file. If your printer is set to run at 30% of the speed set in the gcode, then everything is going to take 3.3x as long to print as it would at the nominal speed.

Where exactly are you seeing the '30%' displayed?

Maybe you used the tweakAtZ plugin to set the speed to 30% on the last print you did? And didn't power the printer off?

The speed on the printer isn't set back to 100% unless you put it back manually or you shut the printer down

@illuminarti the 30% is shown on the um2 display. I access it by going to tune during the print and increase the print speed to 100%

@didier I have increased the speed on every print from printing the skull. However the next print it goes back to 30% printer is always turned off after use. Will look at the tweak this evening when I get home from work.

@didier there was indeed a plugin running, I can only assume that it was in a downloaded gcode file or other as it wasn't something I had knowingly setup.

Great having access to a forum such as this to glean information from as & when required.

Many thanks

No, the only way to get a plugin to work is to set it up yourself. Certainly isn't anything to do with downloaded gcode files. Once you apply a plugin, it stays applied until you turn it off, however.