Orders and lead times.

Posted · Orders and lead times.

I’ve ordered the UM1 (R111626836-1) on June 03, 2014 and have gotten the order confirmation email:

We have a lead time of 1-3 business days after receiving payment. Ultimaker 2 has a lead time of 8-10 weeks.

Thank you for your order.

Kind regards,

It’s been some time now with the order status at Shipment Ready. I’m stuck waiting for this printer to complete some work commitments.Every time somebody orders a printer and gets upset when they end up waiting longer than they expected because of false lead times makes you guys look bad and is not good for your business. Please fix this.

This must be an old text in that e-mail. The Ultimaker website says 2-4 weeks leadtime for the UM Original. I hope, you get your printer soon.

However, it seems indeed that the lead time of the UM2 is significantly shorter at the moment than the stated 8-10 weeks.

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update, It's been 4 weeks and no news from Ultimaker on the status of my order.

It would be good if I could get an estimate on when the order would be ready for shipment.