Diamond Age PLA samples

Posted · Diamond Age PLA samples

Some of you may have seen that I organised a collective order for NZ originated Diamond Age PLA for Switzerland some time ago and have a second collective order ongoing right now.

I had to limit the order of full rolls (100m) to people with a delivery address in Switzerland or Liechtenstein due to customs limitations.

However, if someone in the European Union is interested in getting samples, i.e. smaller amounts of filament (e.g. a few meters) for testing, I could offer to send them for about CHF 1.50 (which is EUR 1.20 at the moment) per meter excl. shipment. Shipment costs would be 5-6 Euros depending on the length / weight of the sample(s) up to about 20m. Above that shipping costs will increase significantly. All samples would be shipped by standard mail.

Depending on the amount you will have to pay customs and VAT when the shipment is imported in your country. Most countries know a limit below which no customs and another limit below which no VAT has to be paid.

As I don't want to post 28 tax tables here, please send me a PM if you're interested. I hope this is ok for the moderators.

About the material itself: It's most probably one of the best PLA you can get. There are people saying it is even slightly better to print than Faberdashery (which is an excellent material as well!).

Stringing is remarkably small with Diamond Age PLA and you can print it over a large temperature range from quite cold to rather hot in an excellent quality. It has a very precise 2.85mm diameter (+/- 0.05mm) and works excellent on both Ultimaker Original and Ultimaker2.

These colors are available from Diamond Age Solutions:

1st column (on the left, from top to bottom): Diamond (clear), Sapphire, Emerald, Amber, Ruby

2nd column: Kiwi Green, Kiwi Lime, Cherry Red, Bright Orange, Banana Yellow

3rd column: Blueberry, Cornflower Blue, Sky Blue, Grape, Lilac Pearl, Bubblegum Pink

4th column: Silver, Gold, Ivory, Chocolate Brown, Red Beech

5th column: Luminous (glow-in-the-dark, CHF 4.00/m / EUR 3.20/m), Black, White

Not on the picture: Tactical matt black (CHF 2.00/m / EUR 1.60/m)

The colors of the first column are all semi-transparent the others are opaque. For some of them I will have to order material myself first in order to provide samples.

• 2 weeks later...

@Dim3nsioneer: A naive question, but what's the main advantage of ordering from Diamond Age instead of Faberdashery? Is it cost-related (I've no idea how much it costs to bring the stuff from NZ)? I may be missing something, but the advantages listed in your email seem to apply to Faberdashery as well. Cheers!

Diamond Age PLA has an excellent adhesion between layers also at lower temperatures. This allows to print objects with one setting for small details and large structures.

For sure, Faberdashery is an excellent material as well. However, I had some troubles when printing small details at only moderate temperatures.

Furthermore, the extremely constant diameter of Diamond Age PLA lets the layer structure nearly disappear even at 0.1mm resolution. My personal experience is that Faberdashery seems to have a slightly higher diameter variation thus resulting in more coarse looking prints.