Ultimaker 2 underextrusion after only 5 days

Posted · Ultimaker 2 underextrusion after only 5 days

So I got the amazing ultimaker 2 one week ago, it was working fine, now its not.

It gave me some spectacular prints though.

I have a severe case of underextrusion, it starts after 3 or more layers.

-the hotend is clean, thanks to many atomic pulls

-the filament pressure is just as it was, tweaking it doesn't help

-same more increasing material flow with a couple percent works 5 minutes and then it stops flowing.

-the g code files that worked fine don't work anymore, so it must be a hardware problem.

And the strange thing is that I need to print at way higher temperatures everytime I start a new print to even 245 degrees!

Even at this temperature the material comes out as chewinggum now, if I print at 210 degrees nothing comes out, but only a couple of days ago it was working super fine. The filament needs to come out as shiny threads, now its just a mess.

Does the UM 2 have temperature issues? And if it is a hardware thing, how do I fix it? Can I re-calibrate is or is the hotend sensor burnt?

Thanks!

Bas

There's lots of possibilities. What speed and layer height are you talking about?

One likely possibility - take apart the head and the white teflon piece that touches the nozzle could be deformed - take that out and slide some filament through it to see if it is sliding nicely. If not you might need to drill it out with a 3 or 4mm drill bit.

Another possiblity - your 3rd fan stopped working - sometimes the wires fall out of the connectors when the head moves around. Make sure it is working - the fan in the back of the print head (not the side 2 fans).

But what layer height/speed are we talking about here?

• 2 weeks later...

Ha I got a new teflon glass piece couple of days ago.

Took apart the head again, to check the new piece after a couple of days and there are scratches but it moves nicely.

Printing at 0.2mm at 50 mm/s

I thought even it would be the brand new filament I got, last weekend I printed super with bronzefill. Now it's back to the same old problems.

Printing the Ultimaker Robot on different temperatures, the 210 C was not so pretty, the 200 C is looking a bit better but same problem in same areas.

The horror...