Harsh sound when head moves fast along y-axis

olafweller

Posted · Harsh sound when head moves fast along y-axis

Hey guys,

My printer makes some harsh sound when it moves fast along the y-axis. You can hear it in this video:

http://youtu.be/NhzQjs2fumY

I already lubricated the axis but that doesn't help.

I am wondering what is causing this... right now I am afraid that the machine will get damaged if I keep ignoring this sound.

Does anyone of you recognizes this and knows what I can do about it?

Posted · Harsh sound when head moves fast along y-axis

It doesn't sound that bad to be honest. One problem is the left side panel where the Y stepper is mounted resonates at a higher frequency whereas the back panel where the X stepper is mounted resonates at a lower frequency.

Try grabbing the side panel near the stepper motor tightly and see if the sound changes BUT BE CAREFUL as the stepper might be hot and don't get anything such as clothing or fingers caught in the belts.