Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
jim68

Print Temperatures?

I'm really curious to know what most of you guys print at in terms of temp. I have been playing with this a lot lately and my results vary a great deal. I'm reading people printing as low as 215 but I have only had one type of PLA where that temperature actually worked.

Right now I have been printing primarily with Clear and Green, and In general the clear has been working at 240 and the green at 250. I was able to run the green at 240 a few times however there were a few occasions where it cause the print to fail.

I have been doing all my prints at 100mm/sec for the most part and I know that faster speeds require more temp so the extruder can keep up however I feel like I'm generally running hotter then most so I figured I would come here and find out what others are doing.

I have only tried silver, and I print at 200 degrees, but I use 210 degrees for the first layer (with the fan turned off). If I print at 195 or below it looks ok, but the model breaks easilly because the layers does not stick very well...

Different colours may require different temperatures though...

I currently print at 190c at 50mm/sec and 220c at 80mm/sec at 0.1mm layers, all the pla i use is from faberdashery, i found the pla which came with

ultimaker poor and caused issues and poor prints, not looked back since i switched to faberdashery, more expensive but less hassle and failed prints.