Heated bed problem

Posted · Heated bed problem

Good day!

Recently I purchase such kit

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151272164070?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

I used it approximately 5-6 hours, and on another print, I found that bed temperature start to fall. Stopped and found that on relay module have problem, you can see it on picture.

Bed temperature was 120 C.

IMG 0291IMG 0289

It is due to high temperature or maybe could be another deal?

Thanks in advance!

Posted · Heated bed problem

It looks like the wire was lose during operation and heated up the connector until it started burning. It is not the 120 degrees that cause this but the loose connection. I also see that the connection to relay is badly soldered so you would need to solder that one as well. I am afraid that you have to replace the connector. If you can't find a new connection you could solder the wires directly to the contacts at the bottom.

A lose connection can easily heat up like that. The heated bed does take quite some current and if there is a weak contact it will burn.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies