Heated bed problem

Posted · Heated bed problem

Good day!

Recently I purchase such kit

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151272164070?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

I used it approximately 5-6 hours, and on another print, I found that bed temperature start to fall. Stopped and found that on relay module have problem, you can see it on picture.

Bed temperature was 120 C.

IMG 0291IMG 0289

It is due to high temperature or maybe could be another deal?

Thanks in advance!

Posted · Heated bed problem

It looks like the wire was lose during operation and heated up the connector until it started burning. It is not the 120 degrees that cause this but the loose connection. I also see that the connection to relay is badly soldered so you would need to solder that one as well. I am afraid that you have to replace the connector. If you can't find a new connection you could solder the wires directly to the contacts at the bottom.

A lose connection can easily heat up like that. The heated bed does take quite some current and if there is a weak contact it will burn.