Ultimake2 LCD stops responding or starting up

nccwarp9

Posted · Ultimake2 LCD stops responding or starting up

Hello,

I got issue with Ultimaker 2 LCD not starting up on powerup, I need to turn it of and on couple of times for it to start up.

And, sometimes on long prints LCD just freezes up, scroll wheel is not giving any sound when clicked. The printer continues to print but sometimes fails to properly end. That is, the buildplate does not lower and head does not move to 0 position.

Any ideas ?

Not really. There are two screws if I remember correctly - and two other metal stubs that are jamed into holes into the frame.

You can check this handy guide - there is abit about taking off the cover:

And another useful hint - The Ultimaker 2 assembly manual:

@illuminarti: I think this manual, the UMO assembly guide and Robert's visual guide should be pinned somewhere prominent on the forum frontpage. What do you think?

nop, checked all the cables and they are all secure. But now I can't get the LCD to wakeup at all.

Please help as now I have useless printer.

Does the button still work - if you rotate it and click it, does it beep, as if clicking on (invisible) things on the screen?

The next thing I would check is that the tiny ribbon cable from the screen to the ulticontroller board behind it is connected properly.

The assembly guide that nicolinux linked to above will help with that. Take the electronics board off carefully, and slide the screen out. Then check that the ribbon cable is inserted evenly into the the retaining clip; the bar on the front of the socket slides out parallel to the board, towards the edge of the board: grip the ends of the bar with you finger nail to slide it out.

button works, there is clicking sound, removed the lcd and then reatached it... no joy

It sounds like there is a problem with your screen and/or ulticontroller board. The earlier problems make me think it might be more than just the screen, but perhaps when the screen was failing it was shorting something out and upsetting the rest of the functionality.

I'd recommend you put in a ticket at support.ultimaker.com, and paste a link to this thread.

Already posted a suport ticket. When they get back will post send the link.

Thanks. If you think of anything else please post it.

Any Idea how log it usually takes for support to respond ?