New nozzle

tijmen

Hi,

My nozzle (of my um2) was blocked beyond repair (a lot of woodfill etc).

So I ordered a new one, it didn't work. So I ordered all the parts above the nozzle.

Now everything is new, but I can't get the nozzle to work. It extruded very thin (normal abs) for about 1 minute, but after that I could not get anything through. Does anyone have any tips? To me it looks like a faulty nozzle. could this be?

tijmen please update your location settings in your settings to indicate your country.

It could be a faulty temperature. Try setting the nozzle to 110C and leave there for 20 seconds - then touch a drop of water to the nozzle tip. It should boil quietly but quickly - you should see tiny bubbles in the drop on the nozzle tip furiously boiling away. If not keep raising the temp until you can see this and report back.

What temp did you go to for ABS? I recommend 245C for novice for ABS. If you go much hotter it is easy to turn ABS into a clog. Much cooler and you get underextrusion in your prints. Try not to leave the nozzle above 230C for more than a minute without printing.

Another test is to push the filament yourself. Power off, then on the machine, go advanced maintenance and then go to nozzle temp and set to 240C. Push and pull on the filament (the feeder will be off and offer almost zero resistance). If you push very hard - maybe 5 to 10 pounds force (2-5kg) you should be able to get a nice string of ABS to come out the nozzle.

Also it helps to cut the tip of the ABS filament to a point to get past all the obstructions in the nozzle when you first load it.