Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
Blizz

Springs for UM2 Feeder

By a stupidity of my own doing I lost the spring that is part of the original feeder and despite all junk I have in house, spare springs are not part of that list.

Can anyone point me to the specs of the spring and perhaps a location where I can purchase a replacement?

Thanks! I really want to start printing again :O

According to the UM2s BoM it's the same type as the UM1 (D2110, of which I can't find much). However spare pieces for the UM1 feeder everywhere have the same spec, can anyone confirm:

• Outside diameter: 7.5mm
  • Inside diameter: 5mm
  • String diameter: 1.2mm
  • Height: 20mm

I think I remember reading somewhere the UM2 spring was replaced by a new version (weaker?) somewhere end Q1 this year. Probably not a big deal when you use roberts feeder as you have a lot of freedom for dailing in the correct tension... you could order at UM but you won't have it before you go to London ;) I would just try a local hardwarestore if in a hurry ... took mine out to measure it, most is close exept for the height ...

• Outside diameter: 7.5mm
  • Inside diameter: 4,7 mm
  • String diameter: 1.3mm
  • Height: 16 mm