Flow Rate vs Speed Calc

cleven

Posted · Flow Rate vs Speed Calc

After doing the 10mm3 flow test, I have been verifying the flow relative to speed on some of my prints. To ensure that I am not pushing the limits of my machine. This allows me to effectively print somethings quick as possible if need be.

Set the nozzle Size, then Set the limit acquired by your machine in the right corner in the max flow box. It will state the speed limits. I have set a safety factor option. A number of 1.3 works rather or just leave as 1.0. From here you can set the speeds and layer height you would like to see the total flow.

Click here for the calc sheet.

volume.jpg

Note I made this nicer and simplified my other sheet I used. Hopefully there isn't a mistake. This is for reference only.

Posted · Flow Rate vs Speed Calc

I thought about it, but each printer is different and two points at least would need to be determined.

Example: do the flow test at 185, 210, and 230. Then generate a linear equation. Then you could set the temperature which would set your max flow.

Now each user would have to do this and input their data to generate the equation. So to avoid this I just added a SF to the equation if needed, and or they know the max value they can achieve at said temperature and simply change the value manually :)

Nice job Cleven. I am thinking that if you could relate the flow to extruder temp. required you could display the proposed extruder temp. for the job :)