Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
viralata

3D print and raw earth plaster

I staid a long time without posting, but not without printing ! So I will try to get back on the forum. Here is one of the experiments I made for a workshop with children:

I took the idea of the old rubber rolls for printing I found in my house, and adapted it to 3D print. And as I love raw earth buildings, I used it to make some drawings on raw earth plaster:

First step is modelling in Blender the roll, then put some drawings on it (with sculpt mode or here with procedural textures):

rouleaublender.jpg

Then of course slice it with Cura

CuraRouleauTerre-nggid03198-ngg0dyn-0x0x100-00f0w010c010r110f110r010t010.png

As you can see it's not fast to print.

Then put it on a paint roll (of course the 3D model must fit your 3D roll)

rouleau-nggid03226-ngg0dyn-0x0x100-00f0w010c010r110f110r010t010.JPG

Then you can use it on a fresh mud plaster: natural, beautiful and with no harm. Of course some try and error are needed, and my long experience with earth plaster helped a lot.

DSC04799-nggid03177-ngg0dyn-0x0x100-00f0w010c010r110f110r010t010.JPG

Depending on the texture, you can get seamless results

DSC04789.JPG

Don't forget to clean the roll, but I quite loved it dirty and it gave me idea for the next topic:

DSC04794.JPG

And if realy you don't want environment friendly materials, you cans of course use it on concrete for anti-slippery floors for example:

friseb%C3%A9ton.jpg