Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
yodajammies

Howdy from Nashville, TN

I just purchased the first (of hopefully many!) Ultimakers to replace our Dimension sst1200. It crapped the bed last week and we were staring down the barrel of a 4k$ repair cost for a machine already way out of date! It was prime time to put Bessie out to pasture and find something new.

I'm pretty handy with CAD/CAM software as it related to CNC mills/lathes, but this will be my first foray into "tinker with it" 3d printing. Just browsing the forums I've learned WAY more than I ever did running the "professional" grade machine.

Any novice tips / sub-forums I should read up on to prepare for my printer's arrival? I'd like to hit the ground running as soon as it shows up at our shop.

Thanks!

Yodajammies

I live in Georgetown, TN near Chattanooga. I've had my UM2 for a few months. You will love this machine. The only problem I have had is nozzle clogging which leads to under extrusion. My last 3 prints failed due to this problem. Simon Oliver from fbrc8.com in the US rep for Ultimaker. I requested support from him about a week ago and also from Ultimaker a couple of days ago and have not heard from anyone. My only comment is that they take a long time to answer support questions. I have used my UM2 a great deal and I can tell you that they built a quality machine. If I can help with any questions I would be happy to try. I have a machine shop with cnc mills, lathe, and router.

Carmen

cjgin40@gmail.com