Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
sam

ReplicatorG works fine, but no PLA being extruded.

Hi all,

I need some helps here. My RepG works fine, i can jog all the motors and stuff, but when i try my first print ( i did followed all the steps ), the PLA is not extruded. I did preheated my nozzle and there was smoke came out, is it normal? I set to 210 degree C. Any helps and suggestions are highly appreciated. Thank you.

Regards,

Sam.

Hi Owen,

I'm using Ultimaker - Arduino Mega Shield v1.5.X (Mega 2560), Marlin 1.0.0 release candidate 2 (since this the only firmware i can upload to my printer, tried all but others failed); RepG 0035. For slicer, do u mean the Skeinforge 40? i have that setting for my machine. The smoke come out above the nozzle. I cannot drive the extruder from the RepG control panel. Where should i click to jog the extruder motor? I'm only found how to jog the axes motors.

Set the Target temp to 200 and watch the current temperature rise, if it gets to 210 turn your machine off and check.

If the current temp doesn't move but you can feel the heater block warming up then turn your machine off and check.

When it gets to 200 set the motor speed to 500 and click on forward, the extruder motor should turn.

Ok thanx a lot, it works now. Now another problem: I managed to move all the axes motors as well as the extruder motor, but how can i set the table height. What i did is, I already set the table height 1mm below the nozzle, and press "set current position as zero" at the control panel. When i press build, the table adjust the height itself but not at the zero position i set earlier, it goes lower than that, results in no printing activity happen on the table. the PLA is now extruded but just hanging..

Hi Owen.

What a great help i got from u. Thanx a lot i really appreciated it. I managed to print some samples. But there is only 1 problem remaining. At the extruder mechanism, previously i managed to extrude the plastic into the nozzle and it works fine. However, now the plastic is no more extruding to the nozzle even the motor works fine. I checked the screw used at the extruder mechanism (the big screw) and the grip part seems wear. Is it because of this? But tbh it really disappointing since so far i just managed to print 2 samples and it's already wear.

photostream

if cannot open here's the link:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/81240274@N ... hotostream

Many thanks!

Hi Owen.

What a great help i got from u. Thanx a lot i really appreciated it. I managed to print some samples. But there is only 1 problem remaining. At the extruder mechanism, previously i managed to extrude the plastic into the nozzle and it works fine. However, now the plastic is no more extruding to the nozzle even the motor works fine. I checked the screw used at the extruder mechanism (the big screw) and the grip part seems wear. Is it because of this? But tbh it really disappointing since so far i just managed to print 2 samples and it's already wear.

photostream

if cannot open here's the link:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/81240274@N ... hotostream

Many thanks!

Hi Sam

The photo's a bit blurry but the bot wouldn't be worn wear the knurling is. You can clean it and put it back. You should see if you can extrude by pushing the filament with your hand at your usual extruding temperature. If not you may have a block at the hot end.

Not sure where you got your machine from, but that's not an official bolt. There are 3 known bolts, and your photo does not match any of them. I (and most people with me here) don't care where you got your machine from. But the Chinese ebay copies are much lower in quality then the official machines.

Any chance you got your machine off e-bay?

These are 3 types of official bolts:

200px-OldBolt.jpg

V1

200px-NewBolt.jpg

V2

bolt-with-lock.jpg

V3

I suggest you order an V3 bolt from the shop:

https://shop.ultimaker.com/en/parts-and ... ion-3.html

Also, your step motors might be underpowered in the case of an e-bay machine.

Not sure where you got your machine from, but that's not an official bolt. There are 3 known bolts, and your photo does not match any of them. I (and most people with me here) don't care where you got your machine from. But the Chinese ebay copies are much lower in quality then the official machines.

Any chance you got your machine off e-bay?

Mine is the same with your V2 bolt actually. And i bought my printer directly from Ultimaker. So far my printer doing well, I just wait for ABS filament to compare quality wise in terms of printing. Only sometimes my extruder mechanism not work well that I have to disassemble, clean-up the bolt and tighten the extruder wood gear, and re-assemble, then it work fine again. :)