Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
mevander

Normal temperature variation?

Once stabilised, maybe 5mins thereabouts after hitting target temp. then variation should be +/- 1 deg. What I have found is that if I need to change temp during a print then it is best to move to the new target in 1 or 2 deg steps. If you jump 5+ degs then it sets off a wilder variation.

Once stabilised, maybe 5mins thereabouts after hitting target temp. then variation should be +/- 1 deg. What I have found is that if I need to change temp during a print then it is best to move to the new target in 1 or 2 deg steps. If you jump 5+ degs then it sets off a wilder variation.

Next one who is going to like TweakAtZ 3.3.... :D

Maybe that can explain some of my weird results I've been getting lately. However, normally when printing the sensor updates the temperature every second or so and it seems to be more or less correct temperature at least (I've checked with a probe). For some reason my printer seems to be a drama queen ...

Ok, they are quite different. I was hoping the default values could be improved...

It might be an idea to define an option in the Maintenance menu for the PIDautotune...

The problem is actually that the sample rate it too low. I spend the last week doing some tests on this and improving it, the latest git version is better at getting at stable temperatures now.