Insetring Cura Start/End code into Slic3r G-code

aperturist

Posted · Insetring Cura Start/End code into Slic3r G-code

I like the way Slic3r handles support structure, so I wanted to printusing those settings. The first time, I just used Slic3r's gcode, and my printer freaked out on me.

The second time, I did a bit of research first and seen that the most common thing to do is to just copy and replace the start and end code from cura into the slic3r g-code. This sort of worked, but when it started to print, no filament came out.

Does anyone know why that would be and how to fix it?

The same thing happened. This is the G-code I just tried using(minus most of the code in the middle)

;FLAVOR:UltiGCode

;TIME:24063

;MATERIAL:28116

;MATERIAL2:0

;Layer count: 1141

;LAYER:0

M107

M109

S220

G0 F9000 X78.064 Y106.112 Z0.300

G1 Z0.100 F15000.000

G1 X88.276 Y92.053 F15000.000

G1 X89.409 Y90.985 E0.00593 F1260.000

G1 X97.238 Y121.657 F15000.000

M107

G10

G0 F9000 X93.664 Y197.255 Z9.640

M25 ;Stop reading from this point on.

;CURA_PROFILE_STRING:eNrtWktv20YQv...

I don't think Slic3r can generate "UltiGCode".

Also, the M109 and S220 should be on the same line.

It can't. I just deleted what was there and put the Starting Code from Cura's Gcode generation. Comments and everything. and okay,I'll try that out when I get home.

Nothing different happened. The Material feeder isn't moving at all, and the temp is where it needs to be.

sure that the feeder isn't moving at all?

We have similar problem here and recognized thet the E values are only very small. In your code you can see also a small value : G1 X89.409 Y90.985 E0.00593 F1260.000

. We have E-increments from line to line of about 0.007 hat is nearly nothing if compare to the code Cura generates under same settings with increments of about 0.5 from line to line what is about 71 times more.

The UM2 does this hyper small increments usind the Slic3r code but of course it seems thet the extruder isn't moving.

Any idea what might be the reason for this?

Did you made any progress? I'm also very interested in using Slic3r for Ultimaker2

not yet, I don't like to talk something being a bug but here I really have to ask how to fix. Did anyone got in touch with the guys making the Slic3r? If there is a guy in charge to talk to I'ii give it a try