Ultimaker original seems dead only extruder is heating

herman-wouters

Posted · Ultimaker original seems dead only extruder is heating

After installing cura 14.9 and downloading the new fermware, it was impossible to connect my ultimaker Original to cura.

After i asked for a Ticket with Ultimaker, I got some suggestions.

first I had to disconnect the arduino and try to download the firmware again. this worked. Than they suggested that the motherboard was defect. I ordered a new motherboard and in the mean time I installed the controler unit from UM.

ThanI installed cura 14.9 and the firmware again.

Now I The printer could be connected to Cura.

Than I started the printing but, now only the extruder is heating. Not my heated bed and even not the steppen motors are moving.

It seams that everything els is dead.

I tried the an old version of cura (12.8, which I sometimes still used when newer versions of cura made problems) This version connected but I could not give a print order.

Normaly when I connected to that version. I heard a click in the printer and got a lot of information on the screen. Now there is no click and instead of readable information ther is a lot of "chinees" on the screen.

So I decided to try to print with the control unit.

The same result: Only the extruder is heating. The controllerschreen gives the, in cura determined temperature but the heating do not start. I also cannot move the

z,y and x axes.

Please help

Posted · Ultimaker original seems dead only extruder is heating

Do you have your own custom heated bed? If so you might want to go back to that version of Marlin or you can build one just for your heated bed here:

http://marlinbuilder.robotfuzz.com/

The versions of Marlin that come with Cura only deal with Ultimakers unusual version of a heated bed.