Specific question to get dual extrusion running on UM2

Posted · Specific question to get dual extrusion running on UM2

Hi Folks,

lets say it might be possible to bulid in a second nozzle etc. to the UM2 letting the heat problem aside.

What would I have to do to get the machine running with the second extruder?

I see that Cura allows me to set the number of extruders to 2. Ok done.

But now? What do I have to do to lett the UM2 that it has a 2nd extruder mounted?

I connect second heat pill, second thermal sensor for nozzle temperature and 2nd stepper motor.

Result of first try is (of course) that nothing happens. I cannot control the devices related to the 2nd extruder.

I understand that I have to change some settings, jumpers, Firmware version, whatever.

What would be the way to do it for some tests?

thanky

nudel

• 4 weeks later...
    Posted · Specific question to get dual extrusion running on UM2

Hi Nudel,

I don't think no one is into getting deeper in dual extrusion. Many, including myself, want it.

You can see here a thread with 11 pages of comments on the subject.

http://umforum.ultimaker.com/index.php?/topic/3803-ultimaker-2-dual-extrusion/

People are just focusing on other things while Ultimaker is deep into the subject. Its no simple task and many have been proposing ideas.

Cheers

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies