Destroyed print U2

moltzau94

Posted · Destroyed print U2

I am experiencing problems with my Ultimaker 2. The first time in printed on it the result was good, not flawsless but good. But when I print something now, the result is always as shown below. Sometimes, it comes almost no material out of the nozzle. and im beging to suspect there is somthing wrong with the temprature. although it shouldn't be. I printed with PLA at 210 degrees (recomanded settings in the Ultimaker 2 PLA settings). and the heatedbed at 75 degrees. I have tried to set the degrees to 230 and the first time I did this the print came out fine (again not a hundred percent flawless, but i didnt expect it to be). now even at 230 degreas the prints behaves like the picture below. what am i doing wrong? (it cant be the settings in cura because the prints at the picture is the print of the "double heart voronoi" that came with the printer)6z6csk.jpg

Posted · Destroyed print U2

There are many possibilities. What you describe sounds like it might be underextrusion although the picture doesn't help very much.

You may be right about the temperature. You can test the temperature with this method:

You can test for other causes of underextrusion with this test print which must be done at 230C:

http://umforum.ultimaker.com/index.php?/topic/4586-can-your-um2-printer-achieve-10mm3s-test-it-here/

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 7 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies