Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
rewolff

Marlin firmware builds.

Hi,

I'm using a new ultimaker with replicatorg0035. It has an update function and then it will download a 90kbyte firmware file.

I downloaded erik zalm's marlin firmware directory from gitub, and when I compile it I get 47k worth of firmware. (I enabled the LCD, which might increase the build size a bit but not decrease it by 50%, right?)

I downloaded a build-me-marlin version, and I get a 75k firmware image.

Al these are firmware bytes-in-the-arduino, not the filesize of the HEX.

If these changes are easily explained by configuration differences: that's fine. However I wouldn't expect such big differences. As the default ultimaker one is the largest: What am I missing?

Can I find the "default ultimaker Configuration.h" file somewhere?

I'd like to start out by just home-compiling the "known working" version, but I seem to be changing a whole lot.

(Background information: I just printed

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6560

, and I see facets. They make nice noises while printing, but I think we should be able to make rounded surfaces..... A firmware change might be neccesary, including slicer changes etc etc. more work than a 5-minute-hack. Oh well.... Oh, I see the facets in the model in thingiverse too. Maybe the model just needs changing....)

The size of the final image also depends on which version of the Arduino stuff you used. And which compiler you used. The build-me-marlin is using Arduino 1.0 libraries, with a few adjustments. On a pretty recent GCC version.