Marlin firmware builds.

rewolff

Posted · Marlin firmware builds.

Hi,

I'm using a new ultimaker with replicatorg0035. It has an update function and then it will download a 90kbyte firmware file.

I downloaded erik zalm's marlin firmware directory from gitub, and when I compile it I get 47k worth of firmware. (I enabled the LCD, which might increase the build size a bit but not decrease it by 50%, right?)

I downloaded a build-me-marlin version, and I get a 75k firmware image.

Al these are firmware bytes-in-the-arduino, not the filesize of the HEX.

If these changes are easily explained by configuration differences: that's fine. However I wouldn't expect such big differences. As the default ultimaker one is the largest: What am I missing?

Can I find the "default ultimaker Configuration.h" file somewhere?

I'd like to start out by just home-compiling the "known working" version, but I seem to be changing a whole lot.

(Background information: I just printed

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6560

, and I see facets. They make nice noises while printing, but I think we should be able to make rounded surfaces..... A firmware change might be neccesary, including slicer changes etc etc. more work than a 5-minute-hack. Oh well.... Oh, I see the facets in the model in thingiverse too. Maybe the model just needs changing....)

Posted · Marlin firmware builds.

The size of the final image also depends on which version of the Arduino stuff you used. And which compiler you used. The build-me-marlin is using Arduino 1.0 libraries, with a few adjustments. On a pretty recent GCC version.