Cura dev environment problem on OS X 10.8.5

contesio

Posted · Cura dev environment problem on OS X 10.8.5

Hi,

I'm on OS X 10.8.5 and I'm going to develop some widgets with wxPython.

Built and installed everything explained on https://github.com/daid/Cura

when I run

pythonw -m Cura.cura

I get this exception

load preferences from /Users/me/Library/Application Support/Cura/dev/preferences.ini
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/runpy.py", line 162, in _run_module_as_main
"__main__", fname, loader, pkg_name)
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/runpy.py", line 72, in _run_code
exec code in run_globals
File "/Users/me/Projects/Cura/cura.py", line 89, in <module>
main()
File "/Users/me/Projects/Cura/cura.py", line 86, in main
app.CuraApp(args).MainLoop()
File "Cura/gui/app.py", line 58, in __init__
self.afterSplashCallback()
File "Cura/gui/app.py", line 100, in afterSplashCallback
from Cura.gui import mainWindow
File "Cura/gui/mainWindow.py", line 13, in <module>
from Cura.gui import preferencesDialog
File "Cura/gui/preferencesDialog.py", line 5, in <module>
from Cura.gui import configWizard
File "Cura/gui/configWizard.py", line 13, in <module>
from Cura.gui import printWindow
File "Cura/gui/printWindow.py", line 4, in <module>
import power
File "/Users/me/.virtualenvs/Cura/lib/python2.7/site-packages/power/__init__.py", line 28, in <module>
from power.darwin import PowerManagement
File "/Users/me/.virtualenvs/Cura/lib/python2.7/site-packages/power/darwin.py", line 241, in <module>
class PowerManagement(common.PowerManagementBase):
File "/Users/me/.virtualenvs/Cura/lib/python2.7/site-packages/power/darwin.py", line 242, in PowerManagement
notifications_observer = PowerSourcesNotificationsObserver.alloc().init()
File "/Users/me/.virtualenvs/Cura/lib/python2.7/site-packages/power/darwin.py", line 171, in init
self = super(PowerSourcesNotificationsObserver, self).init()
AttributeError: 'super' object has no attribute 'init'

How can I fix this?

Thanks

This is a problem with the version of the python packages you are using...

It is a nightmare to have a consistent set of packages -- look at http://umforum.ultimaker.com/index.php?/topic/7577-cura-mac-os-x-sources-compil/, I have something running fine on Maveriks (should work on the Lions a s well)

Thanks Amedee,

I've managed to successfully run Cura on my virtualenv by following the GOLD thread above. :-P

I will also try to package by downgrading what's listed there.

You've really saved me many hours ... and headaches!

Cheers

A rant about operating system is not opportune and does not help anybody -- in particular this issue is more about a mess in the python bindings dependencies than anything else.

Let's continue to work on this as a community, making Cura a slicer of choice whatever the platform the end user wants to use.

Note that the above problem seems to relate to pyobjc, not to Cura.

I cannot really provide you with much assistance here. It works on our Mac build machine, not sure why. But as Nallath already pointed out (in a not so friendly way), developing on a Mac is tricky, we try to touch the build machine as little as possible to make sure the build environment does not break.