Sign in to follow this  
raptor4

Ultimaker mit einer Druckfläche von 300x300mm und E3D V6

Posted · Ultimaker mit einer Druckfläche von 300x300mm und E3D V6

Never tried these materials before.. I heard they're more complicated to work with than PLA (actually, pretty much every material is more complicated to work with than PLA...).

Maybe, a Bakelite plate (E3D sells them as "Tufnol / Garolite") which is optimal for printing nylon is also good for PA6 (PA6 is nylon). Never tried Nylon before, but I have one of these plates. They seem pretty good (flat, rugged), and if the nylon sticks to them - they're well invested money.

Yes, it´s really easy to print with PLA, but the printed parts aren´t good for mechanical parts and higher temperatures.

So, for our multicopters we need more engineering plastics like PA6, PC, POM, PETG, ABS with CF.

Will get an ABS with 15% carbon fiber maybe in the next weeks, can´t wait to test it. But, I must to print also with PA6 and PC at this time and I think, will test to print it with an ABS-glue on my glass plate.

And what is with your bigger ultimaker Jonny? It´s ready? Can you maybe show a pic of your printer?

Will get the rest of my printer parts in the next days and want to build up my bigger ultimaker.

ABS with CF will most probably ruin your printer (unless you have an all-steel hotend). Carbon fibers are highly abrasive, maybe even to a metal hotend.

And I've heard the ABS with CF isn't worth much - very brittle stuff. But no first-hand experience there from me ;)

I am in fact building a bigger Ultimaker over christmas, but (for now) it's just bigger, but doesn't have a bigger build volume ;)

You can read more here: http://umforum.ultimaker.com/index.php?/topic/4103-ultimaker-black-edition/

Really? But there is only 10-15% of CF in ABS! Where do you heard about the ABS with CF?

Because, I´ve heard that there are only improvements over unfilled ABS/PLA!

Like here:

3DXMax™ CFR Carbon Fiber Reinforced Filament

Data sheets are now available on both the PLA and ABS grades.

3DXMax™ CFR-PLA Highlights

• 9100 MPa Flexural Modulus (128% improvement over unfilled PLA; 31% improvement over competitor's 15% CF-PLA)
  • 4711 MPa Tensile Modulus (64% improvement over unfilled PLA; 11% improvement over competitor's 15% CF-PLA)

3DXMax™ CFR-ABS Highlights

• 3687 MPa Flexural Modulus (86% improvement over unfilled ABS)
  • 3458 MPa Tensile Modulus (77% improvement over unfilled ABS)

Each of these grades has been custom formulated to offer an ideal combination of improved mechanical properties, dimensional stability, & printability.

Want to use the E3D V6 hotend.

That's what the manufacturer says ;)

What matters is how the material behaves once it's actually printed. In reality. With customer grade FDM printers. There can be huge differences....

But it could of course be that they actually did make improvements and that newer products are in fact better. I don't know everything :p

There was some report here in the forums a while ago, maybe you can find it through the search. Or maybe I read it some place else, I don't recall.