Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
nancy

Pause At Z doesn't really pause

Hi all, I am testing the Pause At Z plugin, and the print head moves to the specified location at the correct layer. However, it goes right back to printing. How do I get it actually pause at Z, preferably with some user input before it starts printing again.

I'm printing from an SD card on an UM2. I'm using Cura 14.09.

Thanks!

I think this was a bug in earlier versions of UM2 firmware. You can update the firmware by connecting a USB cable from your computer to the UM2 and choosing "machine" "install default firmware...".

However I have not tested the pause at Z feature with my UM2 ever (only with UMO). So it's possible the bug was never fixed.

Also be aware that the latest firmware doesn't do PID control for the heated bed anymore (is always either on or off like a house thermostat) which for some unknown reason can cause the nozzle temp to fluctuate quite a bit (15C) and cause horizontal lines in prints for some people (but other's are fine). So if this happens then you can go back to roughly version 14.03. It's easy to get older versions of Cura (and hence Marlin) here:

http://software.ultimaker.com/old/