Is there a Plugin or Setting for stopping 2. extruder at a layer?

csdragon

Posted · Is there a Plugin or Setting for stopping 2. extruder at a layer?

Hello!

As you all know its a fact that PVA is very expensive and when you print it too long it going to jam the nozzles.

The next thing is that the printing with a second extruder lasts much longer than with a single one. Most of the time I only need the support material at maximum 10% of the layers... So it would be nice if either:

- Cura realizes when the second extruder is not longer needed for support material and then stops printing with it (reduces the temperature and does not longer print the primetower etc. anymore)

OR

- if there would be a little plugin where I can set up the layer where the second extruder should stop to print, reduce the temperature etc.

Is there anything like that included, planned or does anybody know how to programm a plugin that could do this?

Thanks in advance!

With TweakAtZ you can change the nozzle temperatures at a layer height would that do the trick? Or would it also need to retract before changing the temperature?

Cura does the swap retraction itself (although I recommend to use the firmware retraction and volumetric flavor). The problem is that Cura (please tell me if I missed a change in code!) swaps the extruder every layer even if only one exdruder is needed on that layer; at least if you use the wipe&prime tower. Exchanging the extruder in the gcode is something TweakAtZ cannot do.

Additional I had some other prolmes at TweakAtZ in combination with two extruders...

Unfortunately here it is not the plugin I'm searching for...

Additional I had some other prolmes at TweakAtZ in combination with two extruders...

Unfortunately here it is not the plugin I'm searching for...

Can you please report those problems in on Github please?