Proper preparation for printing (slicing)?

mnis

Posted · Proper preparation for printing (slicing)?

Hello

I know so far only Cura, perhaps a mistake. For now I can not get further with a fairly simple self-constructed test object intended for transparent material.

There is a large cylinder on which a Smaller is, they are both connected. Top and bottom are closed. I wanted to determine the internal structure complete itself, ie wall thickness, inner shell, outer shell, fill, etc.

I've tried a lot in the expert settings, but no matter what, it is not possible to slicing the object correctly.

My simple question is:

Is there a slicer that can take into account also the interior of solids? Maybe someone has a quick tip for me. Or it works with Cura, and I used the wrong Settings.

I hope my question is understandable enough.

Markus

Pictures might help? As I'm not 100% sure what you're trying to do, and if it's a Cura problem, a model problem, or an understanding each other problem.

OK, I'll try it once to visualize. I had to get a saw before. :smile:

The object shown is a little different than I described it originally, but it is also so not printable (correctly), at least I assume so, because the layer preview in Cura shows an incomplete object. Fix horrible and Black Magic show visible changes, but never as desired.

Test Cylinder

Test Cylinder (CrossSection)

What am I doing wrong?

https://www.youmagine.com/documents/16462/download (Test-Cylinder-(CrossSection).SKP)

https://www.youmagine.com/documents/16463/download (Test-Cylinder-(ImpossiblePrint).SKP)

https://www.youmagine.com/documents/16461/download (Test-Cylinder-(ImpossiblePrint).DAE)

Thanks

Markus

Not sure if you still need a solution to this, but lets see. First, sounds like you want to print cylinder2 inside cylinder1 with transparent materiel, and be able to 'see' the structure of cylinder 2.

If this is correct, first, you can't use 100% infil for the obvious reason. But I've been able to get items to print 'inside' others by:

In max, make sure the parts are seperate objects. Select the ones you want, 'export selected'.

In cura, make sure your infil is less than 100% (i'm printing with 0% infil and .12 wall thickness since I have cura issues myself).

In cura, make sure "print all at once" is selected.

If it still won't slice in cura, try a boolean if you havn't.