Ultimaker 2

gamergasm

Posted · Ultimaker 2

Hello guys i recently bought an ultimaker 2 one of the reason i bought it was because i was told its very quite and i watched a lot of videos on youtube like barnacles nerdgasm's unboxing and his was extremely quite but when i set mine up its noisy has hell my friend has an ultimaker original and his noise is almost about the same noise as mine could you help me have i set it up wrong or have i gotten a faulty part. Its in a sleeping room so need to be very quite

Posted · Ultimaker 2

Hi and welcome to the forum ;)

If you plan to print in the same room where you sleep (and when you sleep) i can already tell you to forget about it. It's not a noisy printer but you won't be able to sleep next to it (or you'll need to drink a lot of whisky before :mrgreen: )

What do you mean by very noisy by the way? When printing or when idle?

Posted · Ultimaker 2

Some people seem to have a very noisy middle fan, search this forum to find more about it (search with google advanced search withing the forum).

I've had a lot of vibration noise from the metal fan holder, check if you have losse screw in the side fans ...

Posted · Ultimaker 2

I wouldn't sleep in the same room where the printer is working. Beside of the noise, I would rise concerns over the fumes.

A video would help to determine any sounds that aren't normal.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies