Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
jin1219ca

How to take out prints with Flexible PLA

Hi,

I am trying my first Flexible PLA with UMO+ heated bed. The print finished well but it just stuck onto the heated bed firmly. I then pulled with force and the print just broke from the bottom layer and the bottom still stuck on the bed now. Can I know how to get such material off? No heating the bed will help?

Thanks.

Now having done 4 piece of flex PLA print, and found the only way to take the print out easily is changing the position of the print to prevent too much solid area stuck on the bed. For example, don't lie the print on the bed totally, flip it up on one side with 30 degree slope angle and remember to print support, then both the printing quality and pulling out effort would be improved greatly.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Announcements

• Our picks

• Architect Design Contest | Vehicles.
      We're open for entries! - Design and submit your 3D designs of architectural entourage - vehicles - for a chance to win a large filament pack. Presenting an idea, an architectural design or something as big as an urban project isn't easy. A scaled model can really help to get your idea across.
      • 24 replies
    • What The DfAM?
      I'm Steve Cox, an experienced engineer familiar with 3D printing. I wanted to share some DfAM guidelines with this community to help and make stronger parts.
      I'm also an Autodesk Certified Instructor for Fusion 360, so many of the images in ...
        • Thanks
      • 23 replies

Important Information

Welcome to the Ultimaker Community of 3D printing experts. Visit the following links to read more about our Terms of Use or our Privacy Policy. Thank you!