Shipment on hold???

Posted · Shipment on hold???

I received a notification that my Ultimaker has been placed on hold in Leipzig, Germany...a quick google search revealed that this is generally not a good thing and I've seen every reason given from a simple holiday delay, to improperly declared value and worst case scenario "customs seizure." Has anyone else encountered a similar delay when receiving their Ultimaker? Thanks in advance, looking forward to printing and officially joining the community.

Most likely it's a random customs check, or a delay due to equipment failure at DHL. You don't have to worry about it, as it send from within Europe so it will clear customs without problems.

• 2 weeks later...

Just for your information: I've had packages listed as "held by customs".

When I called customer services: they said it was physically at customs and out of their control when they'd get it back.

When I called customs, they said they didn't HAVE a place to hold packages, so that nothing could be physically at customs....

The thing to take home from this is: they sometimes don't tell you the whole truth. But you mentioned leipzig. As far as I know, Ultimaker is Dutch, Leipzig is EU, so there shouldn't be any customs involved. Or is this "on its way out of the EU"? Then it would be weird that EU customs would be very interested.

The thing to take home from this is: they sometimes don't tell you the whole truth. But you mentioned leipzig. As far as I know, Ultimaker is Dutch, Leipzig is EU, so there shouldn't be any customs involved. Or is this "on its way out of the EU"? Then it would be weird that EU customs would be very interested.

Actually, there still is "inside EU" customs. But they don't check everything, but do random checks. We've had a lucky "almost checked by customs" once when we crossed the NL border with a car full of empty DVDs (which are a lot cheaper in Germany). They where stopping checking cars only a few cars in front of us, but customs are still there.

DHL Leipzig is the hub for all DHL operations in central europe. also 20km away from my apartment.

There is a customs office there and also just outisde it, they do check and pick things sometimes just for security.

Thankfully my ultimaker came through Leipzig hub without any problems.

But on other items I have had great fun with these people.

I have actually had to personnely visit the customs centre 3 times now and it was always great, they look at you like your the biggest criminal going and then handle you a dirty cutting knife and say, open please....

but dont worry, as long as its EU, you should be fine !

Ian :D

My last shipment (Ulticontroller) went on hold twice. I assume "Shipment on Hold" means things are busy or they have to look at it first or something.