Display Issue In Cura

mike-truly

Posted · Display Issue In Cura

I have a weird display issue in Cura 14.12.1.

When I open Cura and am in Quick Print mode, I can right-click in the view and rotate about the view as normal. Then I switch to Full Settings mode and am on the Basics tab and can also rotate the view as normal.

But when I switch tabs to Advanced and try to rotate the view... the view does not rotate but a very small rectangular area of the view does rotate. If I then switch back to the Basic tab, the view will not rotate but a small area will.

So basically, the view is rotating but the display is not updating to show the changes except in a small region of the view. Here's some screengrabs:

Cura display issue 01

Cura display issue 02

If I choose to do a CTRL-ALT-Printscreen to capture the Cura window for a screengrab... this forces a refresh and the full rotated view is now displayed.

None of this happens when in the Quick Print mode.

My system is very powerful and all other apps are working and displaying properly.

Win7_64, 128GB RAM, Dual Xeons (with multi-boot to multiple cores - up to 40), Dual Quadro5000s driving a 4 monitor desktop, etc., etc.

Thanks!

This is a strange driver issue, the same is happening on my older laptop sometimes (it has to do with the tooltips). But I haven't found a way to prevent it.

Thanks for the info!

I thought it might be related to me using Nview but I disabled that and the problem still occurs. Maximizing or minimizing the window also will force a refresh and return the display to normal, until tabs are switched again.

I always thought it was windows Vista until you showed this happening on Win7 as well. So in all honesty, I have no clue why it's happening. The video card in that laptop is an ATI mobility something I think.

Cura 14.12.1 started a similar effect today on my laptop (Win8.0) but with the panels on the left. Cross-check to 14.07 showed this version was not affected. Graphic chip is a NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M. Does it also disappear as quick as it appeared? :rolleyes: