Problem with calibration

mastri

Posted · Problem with calibration

Hello guys!! I have my Um2 for one month now an i have problems with my plate i believe. I have some photos with tests and i don't know how to attract them.please help my to attract the photos and start the troubleshooting.

Thanks Robert!

this is the photo. on the right side to top you can see on the cycle that the nozzle is almost tuching the plate. i have try with the adjustment screws and it makes very small difference.

calibration test

Hi Mastri, welcome!

I had a similar problem, in my case the glass plate was not exactly even. I think I saw that one or two times in this forum also. Do you have a chance to check this? Any perfectly flat surface will do, like a laminated table or, well, a window glass.

Oh, and if you use a steel ruler or similar, always double check with both sides of the ruler! They´re sometimes not straight as well...

In case you find the glass plate a little bent, and if your Um2 is still under warranty, contact the support. They´re not the fastest, but always friendly and helpful.

Good luck!

Chris

Thanks Titanoid! I will check today soon i get home and i will let you know!

If the glass is flat and you have levelled the bed properly and you are still seeing this I would check for bent rods. Also check the three adjustment screws where they go through the top plate. There was a batch of screws on which the heads were slightly larger so the countersinking of the bed was not sufficient. If that's the case it's easy to fix with a countersinking bit or even a normal large drill if you're in a pinch.

It shouldn't really make the glass bend like that, but I mentioned it just in case.

I have checked the glass and is leveled ok. Also i have drilled deeper halls for the adjustment screws and the problem is still there. Robert how im goin to remove the rods to check them?