Ultimaker 1.75 from Scottmayson

neotko

Posted · Ultimaker 1.75 from Scottmayson

Hi, a newb here

I found this ultimaker 1.75mm extruder to change the standard, it's from Scottmayson

http://scottmayson.com/portfolio/ultimaker-1-75mm-filament-conversion/

Anyone knows (I have tried without success) how to mount it with the parts he says are needed?

• PTFE tube 4mm OD 2mm ID x 1 meter
  • Push fit fittings M6 thread x 2 | 1 X drilled out in lathe to Dia 4mm
  • MK7 Filament drive gear 5mm ID x 1
  • 625RS bearing 16mm OD 5mm ID x1
  • M5 x 10 SHCS x1
  • M6 x 10 SHCS x2
  • M3 x 60 SHCS x 1
  • M3 hexagon plastic nut (stand off spacer)
  • Washer to space bearing off plastic.
  • M6 Heater Barrel for 1.75mm filament
  • M6 Tap
  • M5 Tap

Ofc I dont ask for a tutorial video (well that would be nice) but if anyone could point me in the right direction to try to find out how to mount this that would be just superb.

Sorry this it's the first time I mount stuff, I'm more a designer than a tinkerer

I've been using my UM1 with 1.75mm filament for a few months now. It is generally an upgrade, both in terms of filament availability and oozing reduction.

There are a lot of ways to make this change though - I've gone through several iterations, all of them functional. His method looks solid, but if it's tripping you up, (and it seems like a bit of a project) you can also just purchase a pre-made 1.75mm filament extruder. I've used both of the Printrbot 1.75mm extruders (all metal and the beta geared version) and both work well.

Maybe if you contact him directly he'll put up something on Youmagine though.

Super thanks! I'll try to mount it but the idea of buying one sure will dave me a lot of time. I think now after searching for other mounted extruders that I'm starting to get the idea of how it's mounted.