Adjust bed temperature?

jeson

Posted · Adjust bed temperature?

Hi,

Being a beginner with 3D printers, please bare with me.

I've just purchased an UM2 and have made my first couple of printouts.

When trying to print a bigger part with a base plate I got a warping problem with two corners lifting. I am using the PLA that came with the machine.

Reading the troubleshooter made me understand that I ought to increase the temperature on the bed.

I am not able to figure out how to do that, though.

Can anyone gice me some hints?

Regards,

Johan

Increasing temp to 75C might help but I don't recommend it. There are better ways to keep the part down.

1) Squish bottom layer - the bottom layer "traces of filament" on the glass should be flat, not rounded. If they don't seem flat (wider than tall) then turn all 3 screws the same amount pushing glass closer to nozzle and restart.

2) Use Brim. About 10 brim passes for problem parts. This is the most important of all the advice.

3) Bed must be at least 40C or the plastic doesn't flow well onto the glass before freezing.

4) PVA GLUE! There are 3 popular forms of PVA glue: gluestick that comes with UM2, hairspray, wood glue. All 3 work great. For glue stick if you want it to be as strong as possible it's good to dilute it a bit. Easiest way to dilute it is to start with clean glass, then put glue stick down in alternating stripes so that half the glass is bare. Then pour or spray some water - about the amount of water in a soup spoon. Then spread this around with a tissue until the glue is very thin. Let it dry (it helps to have a heated bed). Wood glue is easier to use - dilute with about 10 parts water to 1 part glue and shake in a jar and reuse the jar. Paint the glue on with a paint brush and let dry before printing. A heated bed helps the glue dry faster.

My deafult brim setting in Cura is 20, so I guess that should be fine?