Cura Tool Path Display Issue

anon4321

Posted · Cura Tool Path Display Issue

I have a problem with Cura "flaring" the layer view when the tool path is loaded. It renders the layer view somewhat unusable.

Before the tool path gets loaded,it looks fine:

Before Tool Path Load

When the tool path is rendered, it is flared out and overlaps itself smear out the actual path:

After Tool Path Load 1

Here is the behavior a little lower:

After Tool Path Load 2

I originally thought that the entire layer view was broken and was suspecting that I had a video driver problem. However, I just noticed that the display is fine before the tool path is loaded. I think this makes it less likely to be a driver problem but it could be driver problem as my video card is somewhat old and the driver hasn't been updated in a while.

Anyone else see this? Any suggestions on how to determine if it is Cura or the video driver?

I had this effect with several versions of Cura during last year. After installing a new versions the effect was often gone. I thought it was something video driver specific but I'm not sure at all.

I just upgraded from 14.09 to 15.01 on Debian/sid and am now having this same issue. A few of the layers display correctly but I can't find anything reason for the difference. I have gone through and completely removed and re-installed 15.01 but the problem persists.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 16 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies