Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
paps

Nozzle blocked?

Hi,

First of all, I'm sorry but I didn't know how to search for this.

At the preparation stage of a print, the filament comes out of the nozzle just fine.

As soon as it starts to print the object, then it stops and it just goes through the motions without extruding. In fact, it sort of carves through the glue, so I thought maybe the bed needed leveling.

I tried leveling the bed, changing and reinserting the filament and even updating the firmware. No joy.

And this out of the blue, last time I used the printer was a few days ago on a successful print.

Hi Paps,

What firmware version do you have on your UM2? You can see that in the Advanced menu directly on the UM2. It would be weird by now but if you have anything prior to 14.07 you will have a bug in the consistency of the bed leveling.

If its not the case and the priming is fine then you are putting the bed too close to the nozzle making causing it to not be able to extrude filament. You can use the 3 screws under the bed during the skirt to tweak your bed leveling a little. Turn clockwise to lower the bed.