un-smooth lines that lift during Fill

Posted · un-smooth lines that lift during Fill

Hi guys

I can't seem to work out whats going on here with my print. I've levelled my bed a huge amount of times so the first layer has gone down quite well but as the fill starts to go on the printer makes a rough layer over and over again.

The photos show the finished print as well as a print that has been taken off mid way through to show how it builds it up.

I've been able to get this print to a high standard before as well as on a quick speed but now my printer is loosing its quality.

Nozzle temp 210 Bed 70

first layer 20mm/s then 50mm/s

0.1 layer height with 50% fill and a nice 3 line Brim

gallery_39702_1807_214302.jpg

gallery_39702_1807_130579.jpg

gallery_39702_1807_292569.jpg

Posted · un-smooth lines that lift during Fill

Hi,

Welcome to the forum!

Your print suffer under extrusion.

Under extrusion can come from A LOT of things so lets start with the basic :).

The nozzle could be partially clogged causing the filament to extrude less then it should. Have you tryed doing the atomic pull method a few times (also know as cold pull)?

How many print hours does your UM2 has? you can see that on the UM2 directly in the Advanced menu. After some time anything between 300 and 800 hours of printing the teflon coupler (white piece above the nozzle) deform and start adding a lot of pressure on the filament making it harder and harder for the feeder to get the filament through.

Is the feeder grinding material? Do you use the original feeder? If so it might be good to open the front cover of the feeder and remove any filament that could have accumulated there.

Lets start with that.

PM