Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
deepak-c.-sekar

Ultimaker 2 homing and wobble

I've been having a couple of issues with my brand new Ultimaker 2 (which worked fine the past 4 months).

- It looks like the head if not homed in the X direction. Instead of printing at the center of the build platform, its printing somewhere else. Any ideas as to how can I fix this?

- If I print just a straight line in the Y direction, the printer jerks in the X direction.

I’ve uploaded a video of my print issues at

Believe it or not, my printer is actually trying to print an Ultimaker robot, but it’s hopelessly failing.

I checked the tightness of the pulleys, made sure the belts are reasonably tight. But it still doesn’t give me a stable print. Any suggestions as to how I can fix this? This whole issue came up because some filament got stuck in the extruder badly and I had to open up the extruder to get it out, then the motor connected to the extruder slipped, and I had to open the sides of the machine and when I put things back, all hell broke loose.

I’ve spent an insane amount of valuable time on this. I’d be very grateful for your quick help in this matter.

Your X axis is barely moving. You should have pointed the camera at the stepper and belt in the back right corner. Is it doing anything? It looks like it moved a little. Most likely the pulleys are not all tight on the X axis. I know you said "I checked the tightness of the pulleys" but did you check only the 4 top ones or all 6? There are 6 pulleys (maybe one of them is a dual pulley - maybe only 5 - I forget which axis has the dual pullay). Anyway, of all the pulleys the most likely loose one is the one on the stepper motor.

If you don't believe me mark the rod and the pulley with a tiny dot using a marker and start a print and see if it moves.

You can also try pushing the test head around with power off. X and Y axis should exhibit similar resistance - look to see if the motor is actually moving when you push the head around.

Please update your settings and include you country in the "location" field of your profile. If you end up needing support it matters what country you are in (other answers to other questions might also matter about the country).