Cura 15.01 - Printing Time Calculation

ccw1984

Posted · Cura 15.01 - Printing Time Calculation

Printing Time Calculation:

I noticed that the printing time seems to be calculating oddly now. I loaded up a plate of parts at 50 mm/s and it shows a printing time of 2 hrs 0 min, 1.21 m, 10 gram. If I change the speed to 100 mm/s however the printing time only drops to 1 hr 54 minutes, same m & gram. It seems like doubling the speed should have a bigger impact on overall print time. (I would expect nearly half)

This is with the default settings immediately after installing 15.01. (20 mm/s bottom speed, 0.0 for all other speeds under Advanced)

Member @dirkdirk pointed out:

What is your "minimal Layer time"? This could have a large effect on printing time.

To which I responded:

Aha, it was set to the default time of 5 sec, decreasing it to 0 changes the print time down to 1 hr 41 min (at 100 mm/s) so it is coming into play. Also it defaulted to "print one at a time", changing to print all at once decreased it to 1hr 39 min (100 mm/s).

FYI, The plate of parts is from the UM2 Bearing Filament Guide (626 version).