iSense Scanner software

henri

Posted · iSense Scanner software

When it came out I bought an isense scanner,

I would never have thought of buying a cube printer, even though they seem to be good machines, I join the rest of the world in disliking proprietary cartridges of plastic filament.

I later found out that the Structure sensor appears to have the same capability at a lower price. I thought possibly the software might have been part of the difference in price. Now I know, with a mild sense of resentment, that I was wrong. I struggled mightily to get any usable results from the scanner, thinking that the difficulty was my own clumsiness in rotating around the the person I was trying to scan. I was resigned to the situation when something came along and changed it completely. A software app appeared called itSeez3d. It comes from Nizhny Novgorod ,which seems an exotic location, although I read that lots of computer activity is centered there. This free software is just infinitely superior. I made a usable scan within 10 minutes on my second try. The next scan, which my wife made of me was worth a trial print using the high-resolution format. The minor imperfections on the surface look as though I have been modeled by the sculptor Jacob Epstein. This totally changes my relationship with my purchase. I sent a note of appreciation to the site and got a polite acknowledgment from Alexandr.

Henri

I have now to amend the complaint above. I tried out the structure scanning software,after finding out that it worked on the iSense, and it worked and looked good. I also found another one called Model cluster, and it worked well too. All these three look a bit similar, as though the underlying engine or algorithm were the same.

To close the loop, I went back and retried the cubify isense software, and now it works just as well, and also with a similar appearance.i think there must have been an automatic update. Later on in the process the isense software has some useful features. So come back, all is forgiven. I take back the implied criticism.

I have uploaded some images to my gallery, but have been unable to find any way to indicate how you can view them.the editing functions do not seem to exist and the help and forum search are useless

I looked at your gallery, while the idea of the sense scanner is great, the resolution is still severely lacking for my taste,

I really hope high resolution 3D scanners will come down in price :)