mesh-like surface

ataraxis

Posted · mesh-like surface

Hi everyone,

i have a little problem with my printings.

the first two layers at 20mm/s are very good,

but on higher layers (e.g. 50mm/s) my print sometimes looks like "a mesh".

I tried to fix it by higher temperature but it doesnt look like that is the problem

(tried it from 210 up to 230°C).

If i set the flow to around 110% the surface is closed, but i heard

it is "bad practice" to fix problems by the flow-parameter.

To me it looks like "too less" filament is extruded, therefore i

think it is maybe the feeder-adjustment?

I added a picture of the surface, hope anyone can tell me something about

the possible causes.

mesh like

Have a nice day, Flo

You really need to give us more info on the settings for the pic you have attached - e.g. layer width, fan setting, print speed ("e.g. 50mm/s) does not actually tell which speed was used for the pic :), extruder temp., nozzle width

Am I right in assuming that after the letter S started to print that you increased the flow %?

I am certainly one of those that does not advocate using the flow meter; in essence by doing that you are hiding a problem. Without knowing most of the settings, if you were running PLA at 230 (hot!) and still had to use flow to get a result then there is something wrong with the printer, probably a blockage or a problem with the drive wheel or bad filament fouling the Bowden tube; but difficult to be a more precise without knowing what settings you used for that print

without setting information, looking at the picture, I think you have to check the bottom/top thickness.

Because of the infill mesh, you need 6 or 8 solid top layers, to close the infill mesh and get a flat top.

So 0.1 layerthickness, you want 0.8 mm top.

at first, thank you for the answers!

i never understood how to adjust the feeder...

how much pressure is enough and whats too much?

there where always signs of the feeder on the filament - is that bad?

how does it look at your printers?

You really need to give us more info on the settings for the pic you have attached - e.g. layer width, fan setting, print speed ("e.g. 50mm/s) does not actually tell which speed was used for the pic :), extruder temp., nozzle width

layer width: 0.15

fan setting: standard

print speed: 0.50

temperature: 213

noozle size: 0.4

Am I right in assuming that after the letter S started to print that you increased the flow %?

No, this thing was printed without "tuning" the settings while printing.

without setting information, looking at the picture, I think you have to check the bottom/top thickness.

this also happens when printing with infill 100%

on every layer that is printed around 50mm/s or more!

edit:

I cleaned the bowden tube and tightened the stepper motor. furthermore I cut off the filament that was already in the tube. it is a little little bit better now, but I think the main problem is somewhere else... any ideas?