Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
viper10

Material feed motor

Hi I am new to 3d printing purchased ultimaker 2, having probs with material feed after print finishes, material retracts about 30mm in to Bowden tube when I start next print there is no material in print head to print , no sure of settings on stepper motor for material feed any ideas please ?

Unfortunately, normal users have to learn to live with it. Changing this behavior can only be made in the Cura software development. Unfortunately, an easily accessible adjustment possibility for all users is currently not available.

These things I have ever tried to explain:

The retraction of the hot filament thread at end of the operation, can cause major problems for the next print-start.

Ultimaker 2

There is a possibility that hot filament, during the very wide retraction, stretched and deformed. Also favors a possibly strong worn ColdEnd additional problems when restarting printing. On the print start again, a possibly thinned and deformed Filament is pushed through the ColdEnd in the Hotend, this can quickly lead to compressions and blockages caused by buckling.

Cura v15.01 has not done it, and I could start all printing operations successfully, unfortunately this was not the case in all previous versions Cura. There was never any startup problems and I was hoping it would be a long-awaited feature in Cura. But unfortunately, the old shit (shit functionality) is in the latest version v15.02 Cura, again existent.

Markus

I'm not all that technical, so take that into account.

Mine does not seem to retract nearly that much.

You can go to advanced menu and move material until it comes out before a new print.

If you use more than one line of skirt, or a brim, the material will advance before your object starts to print.