software.ultimaker.com is down, also preventing cura from opening

orion

Posted · software.ultimaker.com is down, also preventing cura from opening

software.ultimaker.com is down. Cura isn't opening for myself and another person. Not sure if the version check is timing out or what. Please help.

I want to be able to check for updates for cura but I don't want the entire program to be inaccessible in the event that the update server can't be reached. In a future update can we be able to boot cura without being dependent on an external server being online? Maybe a 10-15 second timeout? Thanks

Cura should boot fine without the server being there, there is a timeout on it, and all exceptions are silently ignored.

I was also unable to load Cura (15.02.1 or 15.01) on OS X 10.9.4 while the server was down. I mistakenly closed it to verify the OP's issue and was unable to reopen.

Cura should boot fine without the server being there, there is a timeout on it, and all exceptions are silently ignored.

Tell that to the several people in chat who were complaining, including the person saying Daid wasn't working either.

So ya, Cura opens fine with no internet connection. It just takes a bit longer than I expected (or waited apparently).