UMO+ heated bed failure

valcrow

Posted · UMO+ heated bed failure

Hey all,

So I was printing fine on the UMO+, everything is normal. Check back on it a few hours later and the part has separated from the bed and PLA all over the nozzle/heater block inside the sheetmetal fan cage thing.

K not a big deal that's happened before when I loose adhesion to the bed. But this time, I noticed the bed temperature was 21/60 and it was cold. So rather than it just not sticking, it stopped heating at some point during the print causing the failure.

Now pre-heating doesn't heat up the bed. Temperature sensor on the bed seems ok and responsive though (fluctuates from 21-22 and goes up a bit if i put my hand on it)

I cleaned out the gunk stuck to the nozzle/block but not sure what to do with the heated bed.

What should I check or fix?

K so update. I took off the heated plate to check the connections, the connections TO the bed seems ok, nicely crimped in the little slots. It was able to heat up periodically for me to test a print and then it dropped back down again after about 20 mins.

Now it does a crazy thing where it goes up to 60 and then shoots up to 70, 80, 90 and then max temp error in like 15 seconds. But I thinks an error since I can still put my hand on the plate. It certainly doesn't feel like it's actually 90C and there's no way it could get up there in a few seconds physically (I think)

K so update. I took off the heated plate to check the connections, the connections TO the bed seems ok, nicely crimped in the little slots. It was able to heat up periodically for me to test a print and then it dropped back down again after about 20 mins.

Now it does a crazy thing where it goes up to 60 and then shoots up to 70, 80, 90 and then max temp error in like 15 seconds. But I thinks an error since I can still put my hand on the plate. It certainly doesn't feel like it's actually 90C and there's no way it could get up there in a few seconds physically (I think)

The Connector might be faulty when heating up. the solder might have come lose, if you have an soldering iron, you can try to re-solder but because of the aluminium this is a tricky process requiring a good soldering iron.

Or send an email to support explaining the problem they might send you a new heated bed heater