Help with cura slicing (pics)

cgb777

Posted · Help with cura slicing (pics)

Here my model loads correctly and looks exactly as expected and how I want it to print. cR0Onih.jpg

But once the slicing occurs, the circular concave part at the top gets covered over. Hth1D6i.jpg

Any idea why?

Sorry it was late when I posted and my brain was not engaged. What I said may work. But it is not really the solution because I do not understand why Cura would do that. If you want to send me your STL file I will have a look.

OK I loaded you .obj fie into Cura 14.07. Probably a different version to you and I got a different result, albeit wrong

C1

C2

I then loaded the .obj file into Meshmixer and ran Inspector

C3

No idea what all those pointers are but presumable errors.

I saved it as an STL file then loaded the STL into Meshlab and visually it looked fine. I displayed non-manifold edges and got 1668 non manifold edges over and 5961 faces over the non-manifold edges. As you can see they all seem to be around the top of the model.

(edited to correct the picture)

C6

I then loaded the STL file into Netfabb Basic and got an error during loading

C5

I tried loading the .obj file and that loaded successfully. Doing a health check though reported that the mesh was not closed and was not orientable.

In the background whilst all this was going on, I had loaded the STL file into Repetier Host; it was hung during or at the end of the intersection tests.

I tried fixing the model in both Meshmixer and Netfabb but failed. Playing around with meshes is not my strong suite – hopefully someone else can help!

I loaded the mesh into InStep which reported 7,545 errors including 1950 pierced facets, 4000+ unattached edges.

There are 122 bodies in the mesh. I am guessing that all the bits of corn are separate bodies and where thay have all been joined together, it has not gone very well.

Cura's X-Ray view will most likely help you idenfiying the issue as well.