UMO Peek Isolator and Aluminium holder

neotko

Posted · UMO Peek Isolator and Aluminium holder

Hi,

Maybe someone with more know-how could answer this. I'm trying to mount a head holder for the dual extruder magnetic proyect created at http://umforum.ultimaker.com/index.php?/topic/9657-a-different-multi-extrusion-approach-um-tool-printhead-changer/

My question it's... The aluminium part that it's holding the peek isolator. It's aluminium just because that area it's hot or it also plays as heat dissipation ? I ask because my thermal says it goes around 100-120C (the aluminium stays around 30-40) and if I changed it for wood I might be making a big mistake and increase a lot the chances of clogs.

Thanks

Its hot and does aid in some heat dissipation/thermal mass.

Its also fairly easy/cheap to machine and dimensionally stable/corrosion resistant, lightweight, etc...

Wood has no business being around any source of heat. Wood is a big mistake. Unless you like fires.

Seems you are right about the heat. The maximun it can support it's 150C and it losses weight. At 200C it can combust.

http://www.performancepanels.com/thermal-properties

Anyone knows somewhere in europe that can CNC two small aluminium holders (exactly the half size of the umo aluminium holder) ?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies