Cura 15.02.1 problem does not process slicing can't open user configuration file

stefanl38

Posted · Cura 15.02.1 problem does not process slicing can't open user configuration file

donwloaded Cura 15.02.1

deinstalled Curu 14.09.

then installed Cura 15.02.1

loaded *.DAE-file

object is shown in normal view but Cura says printing time 0

and in the slice-view there is nothing.

Very good "imrpoved" version of Cura.

Just rolled back to 14.09

Can you add a feature to version 15.02.2 that it will only popup a message

new version available if 10.000 users have given feedback

"new version works successfully with no bugs" ?

I hate this make it betterworse worsebetter versions.

Stefan

Posted · Cura 15.02.1 problem does not process slicing can't open user configuration file

No. Gonna stay with 14.09 until it's fixed.

I'm wondering why something that works in version 14.09 has to be fixed in a newer version?!? :-|

best regards

Stefan

I tried .DAE files in 15.02.1 and it worked.

You judge too soon! You better do some real testing before you say the new Cura is crappy.

I could try to help you locate the problem you are having, but your attitude doesn't please me.

Goodbye.

Hi Bagel,

I could try to help you locate the problem you are having, but your attitude doesn't please me.

Aha. Hm - are you one of the developpers and feel personal offended?

This forum is for free and everybody is free to help or not.

I'm just a hobbyist and I want to be productive. It's not my hobby to analyse

why a new version doesn't work. I'm glad that there are people with the hobby of improving opensource-software.

I took a DAE-file that worked in 14.09 and loaded it into 15.02.1 and it did not work.

So Version 15.02.1 has a change that makes it no longer work for me. Whatever it is.

Cura is developed and maintained by Ultimaker. To me Ultimaker seems to be a professional company.

And from a professional company I expect that they do intensive testing before releasing a new version.

Maybe I should have made clear in the titel that my posting is meant as an honest feedback about what I experienced using the new version.

If the developpers add a feature that can zip and mail logfiles (beginning at the installation-process) I could provide informations at a low effort.

I read what's new in Version 15.02.1. In my personal opinion the difference is small. So I'm happy to stay with version 14.09 until a new version is available and then testing the new version.

best regards

Stefan