ABS filament while printing does not stick to the build plate after certain layers the object moves away from the build plate

kpk

Posted · ABS filament while printing does not stick to the build plate after certain layers the object moves away from the build plate

I have leveled the build plate,

i have applied glue to the plate.

But then also there is no proper printing , the object is moving away from the build surface kindly provide me a solution for this, i have read all previous blogs and posts did not help out.

kindly tell me is there any software setting that need to be done, please provide details in image format, it would be great.

thank you

Posted · ABS filament while printing does not stick to the build plate after certain layers the object moves away from the build plate

How does your first layer look like?

What is the bed temp?

ABS is tricky to print, you need a good temperature.

The first layer should be squished on the build plate for good adhesion, you can maybe level the bed a bit higher to have a good first layer.

If you're not familiar with 3d printing i would advise to get trained with PLA before as it's a lot easier to print.

• Like 1

First layer is like only two to three layers after that it moves away since it does not stick to build plate.

Made bed temperature 110 and decreased fan speed also did not work.

PLA we are printing fine.

How to squish the first layer ?? Can you tell me the settings for this???

It depends of the calibration of the bed.

If your first layer isn't squished enough you will see the layer kind of rounded, that means your bed is slightly too far from the nozzle.

If your first layer is almost transparent, it's too close and the feeder will skip.

You can fine tune the level with the screws during the print of the skirt

Another thing that happens with ABS is warping, the tension of the plastic will make the edges raise and the print will detach. To prevent this you need to keep heat as much inside the printer (look for closed chamber or at least a door on the UM2). Is the print you try very big?

Print is not very big.

I have not tried moving the screws while printing. I will try this one.

Do you mean in the software i should click on Brim as a support for printing??

While printing ABS , do you suggest to keep a big enclosure on the ultimaker to maintain heat inside.?? Will it be useful?

When printing ABS if you have adhesion issues it's always good to add a brim yes.

They are also several methods to add some adhesion (3d spray, ABS juice, hair spray) that can work better than gluestick.

Heat is critical for ABS printing so yes an enclosure will help.

I'm not a big fan of ABS because it's not easy to print, smells bad and is basically not eco friendly at all. If i need some stronger parts i prefer to print Colorfabb XT. But that's my personal view on ABS.

• Like 1

ABS juice you mean , acetone + ABS ??

I use a mix of woodgleu and water on a heatbed with katon tape

Smooth finish and easy clean with warm water