Jump to content
Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

rachael7

Member
  • Content Count

    8
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

Personal Information

  • Country
    US
  1. Thank you again! It would be great to be able to get all the files from Thingiverse! Please post back when you've had the opportunity to do that work. Thanks again for making this available to the community!
  2. Great work! This is another excellent option! Where can I find/download your new files/BOM? Thanks!
  3. I guess I didn't do a good enough job of explaining the problem. Let me try to outline it more clearly. - There is no issue with the generic materials. I can select them fine, but using the generic option doesn't allow one to use the full capabilities of the machine or Cura. There are many handicaps to using the generic material, including that you can only effectively use one at a time and you can't save their material parameters, so a custom material really is necessary to fully utilize the machine. - Creating new profiles is not difficult. I know how to do it, in ex
  4. So after watching the Cura masterclass webinar, I followed the instructions and defined some new materials for use with my S5/Material Station. Some of the materials showed up on the material station and some didn't. After some experimentation I was able to determine that the ones that showed up have material types (PLA/ABS/etc) that were different from any of the generic material types and the ones that don't show up use one of the material types that also appear in the generics. So if I want to make a new PLA brand, I have to use a material type such as PLA1 in order to make it usable with t
  5. Yeah, that's pretty much what happened to me. I don't know how you defined your printer, if you were using one of the ones built into Cura or if it was totally custom. My issue happened because I modified the files for one of the ones included with Cura and that caused an issue on the upgrade. If you are doing your own machine definition files, I strongly recommend you make your own name, unrelated to any that come with Cura, and keep a copy of the definition files outside of Cura in case you need to manually restore them after an update. I appreciate that this software was meant to work w
  6. Just to keep it clear for anyone who reads this later, it wasn't an issue with a profile. Those are easy enough to deal with by exporting and importing. This had to do with a custom machine definition, which cannot be exported or saved, and recreating it involves creating/editing JSON files in the program directory. Not trying to dig at you at all - I appreciate the help - it's just that this is a different issue and I don't want anyone to get confused about it. Thanks!
  7. I resolved this issue. The problem did turn out to be that I modified the machine definition files included with Cura, rather than creating a new set of machine definition files. When I upgraded, part of what I did got overwritten and that created the conflict that was causing me all the trouble. So lesson learned - don't modify the JSON files supplied with Cura. Instead, copy the contents to a new file and define a new printer type. Once I did that, everything worked fine.
  8. I'm trying to upgrade from 4.5 to 4.6.1. In addition to my UM2+, I also have a custom machine based on a Wanhao I3 Plus. I modified the physical machine with an all-metal hotend that has multiple nozzle choices, so I modified the Wanhao I3 Plus machine and extruder definitions to give me the nozzle size dropdown. I also had to add the nozzle variant files to make that work. It's working as expected in 4.5. When I upgraded to 4.6.1, on first run, I got the attached error messages about my extruder and variant definitions, and it went back to the basic machine definition with no nozzle drop
×
×
  • Create New...