Jump to content
Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

Personal Information

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. I've switched to gitlab: https://gitlab.com/burdickjp/UltimakerOriginalPlus_E3Dv6
  2. Best that I can tell, it seems there are a few different fits for this form factor of bearing. I'm guessing robotdigg has chosen a part with the wrong fit for this application. I checked the rods that I ordered and they're supposed to be a g6 fit, which means they're supposed to be 7.986-7.995 mm in diameter. I guess I could chuck the shafts in the lathe and polish them down just where the bearing will be fitted, like you suggest. I'd much rather find a better fit bearing and shaft combination, though. I don't think these should have much interference at all, just enough that there is no radial play in the shaft.
  3. I purchased F688ZZ bearings from robotdigg and 8 mm shafts from Misumi. The shafts are 7.998 mm in diameter and the F688ZZ bearings are less than 7.98 mm inside diameter. Those seem to be too tight of a press fit for the application. What have other people's experiences been? I'm looking at buying bearings from Misumi, but don't see ID tolerances anywhere to know if they're going to be a better fit or not.
  4. I saw that you changed your git repo name to something about an E3D lite6. Are you using a 5V fan for the hot end fan on an E3D hotend?
  5. That looks good. I'll try it this evening and report back. Thank you very much for your help.
  6. burdickjp

    UMO Running Marlin 1.1.x

    For the most part, yes, that brings in 99% of the functionality. The only thing I've found to be different is that the UM2 board uses a pin which isn't used in the arduino for the hot end fan. To use it you have to address it directly, which Marlin isn't configured to do. nullsibnelf has shared the necessary code in a git repo:
  7. If you have some patience I can walk you through how to do a fork, git, etc.
  8. Can you please post a fork of the codebase? I am getting errors and am not yet familiar enough with the Marlin codebase (or C for that matter) to understand what exactly I'm doing wrong.
  9. The UM2 head uses this 5V hot end cooling fan which I don't think is applicable to your configuration.
  10. I copied your above code to the bottom of temperature.cpp and I get the following error on compile: Arduino: 1.8.5 (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino Mega ADK" In file included from c:\program files (x86)\arduino\hardware\tools\avr\avr\include\avr\io.h:99:0, from c:\program files (x86)\arduino\hardware\tools\avr\avr\include\avr\pgmspace.h:90, from sketch\Marlin.h:32, from sketch\temperature.cpp:27: temperature.cpp:2289: error: expected unqualified-id before 'volatile' DDRJ |= _BV(6); ^ temperature.cpp:2289: error: expected ')' before 'volatile' temperature.cpp:2289: error: expected ')' before 'volatile' temperature.cpp:2290: error: expected unqualified-id before 'if' if (current_temperature[0] > (EXTRUDER_AUTO_FAN_TEMPERATURE) || current_temperature[1] > (EXTRUDER_AUTO_FAN_TEMPERATURE)) ^ temperature.cpp:2294: error: expected unqualified-id before 'else' else if (current_temperature[0] < (EXTRUDER_AUTO_FAN_TEMPERATURE - 2 ) && current_temperature[1] < (EXTRUDER_AUTO_FAN_TEMPERATURE - 2 )) ^ exit status 1 expected unqualified-id before 'volatile' This report would have more information with "Show verbose output during compilation" option enabled in File -> Preferences. Any suggestion?
  11. Are you running the Ultimaker 2 board found on newer UMO+s or the older UMO board? I'm looking to get marlin 1.1 on my UMO+ with the newer Ultimaker 2 board.
  12. The difference between the E3d v6 1.75 mm and E3d lite6 1.75 mm is shown in this picture: On the v6 there's a PTFE tube which goes through the heat sink and stops in the heat break. On the lite6 that PTFE tube goes all the way down into the heat block and touches the nozzle. If you're looking for reliable PLA printing, the lite6 is probably preferable. The good news is they're interchangeable.
  13. burdickjp

    UMO Running Marlin 1.1.x

    Is this an early UMO with the original board? http://reprap.org/wiki/Ultimaker's_v1.5.7_PCB A newer UMO+ with the UM2 board? Mine has the newer UM2 PCB.
  14. burdickjp

    I keep getting segfaults when running cura

    I was getting segfaults running Cura AppImages on Fedora 26. I started with the latest at the time 2.6.2 and then tried 2.6.1 and 2.6.0. I was getting the same segfault. Installing the libglvnd-devel package fixed them. Thank you!
  15. I'm going to argue that is not technically a PTFE liner, as it doesn't drop all the way into the heater block. E3D sells a hot end with a PTFE liner all the way down to the heater block, called the lite6. The picture you reference does show an advantage of running E3D hardware, though. It's easy to switch between 1.75 mm filament and 3 mm filament, if you so desire. I printed a single benchy with the included 3 mm Ultimaker filament before switching my UMO+ to E3D hardware and have been running 1.75 mm filament ever since. I haven't had any PLA problems with my E3D hardware, but that may be because I'm running 1.75 mm filament and it IS constructed differently than the 3 mm hot end.

Important Information

Welcome to the Ultimaker Community of 3D printing experts. Visit the following links to read more about our Terms of Use or our Privacy Policy. Thank you!